Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program Enrollment Form
I am submitting this completed enrollment form along with a one-time $25 payment to join the OHBPA Claiming Insurance Program. I agree to all conditions of the program
on the attached page.
Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program
The Ohio HBPA will provide claiming insurance on eligible horses under the following conditions:
An eligible horse shall be defined as a horse for which a successful claim has been registered which 1) had to be euthanized on the racetrack from the race in which it was claimed or 2) is vanned off the track with an injury from the race in which it was claimed and within 24 hours of the claim is euthanized by a veterinarian licensed to practice by the Ohio State Racing Commission due to the injury sustained during the race.
1. All owner(s) listed on the claim slip of an eligible horse have joined the Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program by paying a $25 one-time fee to the Ohio HBPA and filling out the Claiming Insurance Program enrollment documents at least one day before a horse for which the owner(s) submit a claim races. All partners in any partnership must be enrolled in the Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program in order to receive a payout from the Program on an eligible horse.
2. The Trainer listed on the claim slip of an eligible horse has joined the Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program by paying a $25 one-time fee to the Ohio HBPA and filled out the Claiming Insurance Program enrollment documents at least one day before an eligible horse was claimed.
3. The successful claim was made at one of Ohio’s three commercial thoroughbred tracks (Thistledown, Mahoning Valley or Belterra Park).
4. Any owner is only eligible for one payout under the Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program per calendar year.
5. If all of the above conditions have been met the owner(s) of an eligible horse upon the submission of a Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program Claim Form within 60 days of the race in which the eligible horse was euthanized, which shall be available from the Ohio HBPA main office at 3684 Park Street, Grove City, OH 43123 and all Ohio HBPA field offices, the Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program will pay 50% of the listed claiming price on the eligible horse, not to exceed $10,000. The check from the Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program will be made out to the owner(s) exactly as they were listed on the successful claim slip and mailed to the address listed on Ohio HBPA Claiming Insurance Program Claim Form.