Belterra Park 2018 Stall Application
RETURN TO: STALL COMMITTEE, BELTERRA PARK CINCINNATI, 6301 KELLOGG AVENUE, CINCINNATI, OH 45230
PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN STALL APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY • APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS COMPLETED IN FULL
STARTING APRIL 27, 2018 • APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 17, 2018
ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTIONS OR ADDITIONAL HORSES WITHOUT PERMISSION • DO NOT SHIP WITHOUT STALL CONFIRMATRION
OSRC REGULATIONS REQUIRE THE ACCURATE LISTING OF THE PERMANENT ADDRESS OF OWNER AND TRAINER.
STALLS MUST BE STRIPPED AND CLEANED WHEN VACATED OR A CHARGE OF $25 PER STALL
WILL BE ASSESED AND FUTURE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
TRAINER _______________________________________ PHONE ______________________________
ADDRESS ___________________________________ CITY ________________________ STATE __________ ZIP _______________
CHECK IF WALKER IS NEEDED. 6 OR MORE STALLS REQUIRED.
A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE/THIRD PARTY WALKING MACHINES.
RACETRACK STABLED AT TIME OF APPLICATION __________________________________
NAME OF HORSES ON STALL APPLICATION MUST BE PRINTED CORRECTLY AND CLEARLY.
NO DOGS ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS. STALLS WILL REVERT BACK TO BELTERRA PARK CINACINNATI IF NOT OCCUPIED.
FOR OFFICE USE ONLY
PRIOR YEAR __________ STALLS __________ STARTS __________ APPLICATION RECEICED __________
NAME OF HORSE
PRINT CORRECTLY AND CLEARLY
NAME AND ADDRESS OF OWNER
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Any Horse which is not eligible to enter in another Jurisdiction must obtain permission from the Board of Stewards before entering. There will be no
exceptions to this rule.
PER the BOARD OF STEWARDS
All stall applications must be accompanied by current past performance record(s).
No pony with less than eight horses
Horses not raced for sixty days must have one published workout
Horses not raced for ninety days must have two published workouts
First Time starters must have three published works and be approved by the Starter
TERMSAND REGULATIONS FOR STALL APPLICATIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1. The terms of this agreement shall be for the 2018 meeting of PNK (Ohio) LLC (hereafter “Belterra Park”) for the conduct of Thoroughbred racing beginning April 27, 2018 at
Belterra Park and ending September 30, 2018.
2. The applicant shall enter and if permitted, race the horses listed herein which have been assigned free stall space by Belterra Park in races for which they are eligible unless
the Racing Secretary shall agree otherwise.
3. The rules and regulations of the Ohio State Racing Commission (OSRC) and rights of Belterra Park as a private enterprise shall govern the conduct of this meet and racing
programs and to all the owners, trainers, their employees, respective agents and jockeys.
4. Foal Certificates must be filed at the Racing Secretary’s office upon arrival and must be approved by the Racing Secretary.
5. Belterra Park reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
6. All jockeys, trainers and exercise personnel are required to wear safety helmets and safety vests while riding or exercising horses according to the requirements of the OSRC.
7. All changes in trainers must be reported to the OSRC and the Board of Stewards immediately along with the owner’s and previous trainer’s authorization.
8. It is clearly understood and agreed that this is not a lease of any space, but is merely a revocable permit by Belterra Park on the terms and conditions set forth.
9. Belterra Park may refuse admittance to or eject anyone with or without notice and with or without cause
10. The Applicant agrees to keep the stabling accommodation, tack rooms and any assigned dormitory quarters (including toilets) allotted to him in good, safe and clean
condition. Extension cords must be outdoor rated; however, power strips are preferred for the use and subject to inspection by Belterra Park personnel at any time. The
Applicant consents for itself and its employees to periodic inspection of such accommodation and quarters and any other facilities allotted to him by Belterra Park, including any
property of others which may be located therein at any time, with or without notice. Any damages to such facilities will be repaired by Belterra Park, and the Applicant shall be
responsible for the cost of such repairs. When stalls are vacated they must be stripped and cleaned or a charge of $25 per stall will be assessed and future applications may
not be considered.
11. Dormitory rooms are allotted only to trainers and are the sole responsibility of the trainer. The Applicant agrees to pay a $450 fee for a single dorm and $550 for a double
dorm. Upon vacating, rooms must be found in suitable condition (i.e. empty and cleaned and keys returned). There will be a key deposit of $25 and will be refunded upon
inspection of room (s). Any repairs, extraordinary cleaning or unreturned keys will be billed to the trainer and will be due upon presentation. No stall application for future stalls
will be accepted until paid in full.
12. Firearms, fireworks or any explosive materials and/or any other type of weapons are absolutely prohibited on the premises of Belterra Park. No cooking is allowed in the
dorm rooms except for microwave ovens. Propane gas grills are allowed but must be at least 25 feet from barns and dormitory rooms. No alcoholic beverages allowed on
13. The use of sawdust or shavings is not permitted in any stalls. The only approved bedding material in stalls is straw. Applicant and all employees must place straw, manure
and trash in respective receptacles and keep such areas in acceptable condition.
14. No dogs are allowed on the premises of Belterra Park.
15. All horses (including ponies) are required to have a negative Coggins Test Certificate, dated within the past 12 months and a Health Certificate within the past 30 days.
Also, ALL horses entering the grounds MUST have a current Equine Herpes vaccine within ten (10) days.
16. All owners, trainers, jockeys and their employees must obtain a license issued by the OSRC. This license must be worn or produced on demand by any member of the OSRC,
Belterra Park Security or officials of Belterra Park.
17. Children are to be supervised at all times by their parent/guardian while on the premises. No one under the age of 18 will be permitted in the stable area between the hours
of 8pm and 5am unless approved by Belterra Park’s management.
18. All trainers and/or owners must show proof of current Worker’s Compensation policy covering all of their employees including exercise people in compliance with OSRC
3769‐7‐01 (B). Ohio law requires all employers to carry worker’s compensation insurance on all employees. This includes all individuals employed by trainers or owners in
the training and maintaining of horses. If concessionaires are used for the work required, it is the responsibility of the owner or trainer to ensure that all employees
performing any duties for the owner or trainer is covered by worker’s compensation insurance.
19. No round pins, no jogging walkers, temporary stalls, tack trailers or feed trailers will be allowed on the premises without the prior approval of the Racing Management.
20. Horses allotted stalls should attempt to arrive between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., when possible to be able to be given their stalls and taken care of as quickly as
possible. DO NOT SHIP IF STALLS HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED BY RACING MANAGEMENT WITHOUT WRITTEN NOTICE.
21. Applicant acknowledges that allocation of stalls by Belterra Park pursuant to this application does not entitle, guarantee or grant any rights to applicant to remain in
possession of any allocated stalls after the end of the Belterra Park meet.
22. By signing below, the Applicant warrants his authority to and hereby accepts and unconditionally agrees to all terms, covenants and conditions on each side of this
application, individually and on behalf of the owner(s) of any horse(s) in the custody of the applicant.
23. By stabling and/or racing at Belterra Park, Applicant, for himself and the owner of any horse in his custody, agrees to fully exonerate, indemnify, defend and hold harmless
PNK (Ohio) LLC, its owners, agents, employees from and against all claims, actions, demands, losses and damages including costs and attorney’s fees, based on or arising out of
damage or injury to the Applicant, horses in his custody, or other persons, including disability or death, or damage or injury to any horse or other property, including loss of use
thereof, caused by or sustained in connection with the Applicant’s activities at Belterra Park.
Signature of Applicant Date
Belterra Park Cincinnati Date