Entries from Horses Stabled at Turfway Park Won’t Be Accepted at Mahoning Valley Until Further Notice

Due to three cases of equine herpes virus at Turfway Park beginning today Friday, February 9th Mahoning Valley will not acccept entries  for horses stabled at Turfway Park until the backside at Turfway Park has been completely removed from quarantine.

Additionally any horse stabled at Mahoning Valley which leaves to race at Turfway Park will not be able to return to the barn area at Mahoning Valley until the quarantine is over at Turfway Park.

This was a joint decision between Mahoning Valley Race Course Management and the Ohio HBPA after consultation with veterinarians from the Ohio Department of Agriculture. There are currently six facilities in Ohio which have been partially or fully quarantined due to equine herpes virus positives in harness horses.